- Before you transfer the accounts, firstly you need to install Cpanel and WHM server on your new server.
In order to install Cpanel & WHM on your server, run the following command :
cd /home && curl –o latest –L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
- After the installation of CPanel, you need to copy all the accounts to the new server.
To move all of your accounts from one server to another, follow the steps in WHM's Transfer Tool interface (WHM >> Home >> Transfers >> Transfer Tool ).
Shut down your old server, once you copy your accounts to the new server.
After you shut down your old server, change the new server’s main IP address to the IP address of your old server.
To change the server's main IP address, perform the following steps:
Open the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file.
Edit the IPADDR and GATEWAY lines to use the IP address and gateway of your old server.
Open the /etc/ips file with a text editor.
Add your old server's primary IP address, net mask, and gateway to the file.
Restart the network service with the following command –
service network restart
Run the /scripts/mainipcheck command to add the IP address to the /var/cpanel/mainip file.
Run the /scripts/fixetchosts command to add the IP address and hostname of your server to the /etc/hosts file.
- Change the IP address of all accounts to the correct IP address.
Set the IP addresses of the accounts to the new server’s original main IP address. (WHM >> Home >> IP Functions >> IP Migration Wizard).
- Reinstall all SSL certificates.
To upload an existing SSL certificate to your server, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to WHM's Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain interface (WHM >> Home >> SSL/TLS >> Install an SSL Certificate on the Domain).
Click Fetch to upload a .crt file.
Click Submit to install the certificate.
- Confirm that you possess a valid cPanel license.
Once you move all of your accounts to your new server, confirm if you possess a valid cPanel license.